Date(s) - 28/10/2019
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Set up the Examinations Organiser module – seasons, base data, candidate numbers and unique candidate identifiers (UCIs)
- Enter candidates for exams and record coursework marks
- Submit data to exam boards via electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Use Examinations Organiser’s Seating Organiser and deal with clashes
- Explore various reports available when managing exam entries.
- Create appropriate base data.
- Clone a base data series.
You will need a working knowledge of external examination procedures. This is a 2-day course and both days are mandatory, 2nd day – 1st November.
Students at a school attend a curriculum of lessons to work toward learning aims. A learning aim may be awarded as a certificate at the end of a relevant course of study that will describe their level of attainment in a particular subject area. The details of such courses are specified in a syllabus or specification. Certificates are available for a variety of different types of qualification, for example, GCSE, GCE A-Level, GCE AS-Level, Key Skills, BTEC and Cambridge Nationals.
A student may be entered as a candidate for the award of a certificate. The awarding of this certificate will be subject to an examination of the candidate’s abilities in the area covered by the certificate. A representative of the body that awards the certificates will then check that the work meets a set standard. Such sets of tasks may include portfolios, assessed practicals or formal timetabled examinations. These are referred to as components.
To ensure fairness in the examination process, some components can only be undertaken at designated times. Students will often undertake examined tasks for more than one subject area so the components available from awarding bodies are scheduled in series to allow this. The same awarding body may also provide a separate series of components for a different type of qualification and other awarding bodies will also provide a series of components for the same period of time.
Your school must notify the relevant awarding body, in accordance with a pre-set deadline, when students wish to undertake a particular component or set of components. A student may wish to undertake components from multiple series. The deadlines for different series of components that take place in the same period are likely to be similar. To ease the administration process for schools, series taking place at similar times may be gathered together. Traditionally, examinations have only been available at a limited range of times; examinations administered collectively are described as a season.
This course costs £280 per attendee. £300 for non-customers (lunch will be provided)
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to the authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to [email protected] no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise, the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.
Request a place
Bookings are closed for this event.