Date(s) - 25/02/2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This course is aimed at staff members who are new to SIMS Personnel.
It is aimed at staff in the school with responsibility for updating and maintaining personnel, professional and contractual information. Knowledge of SIMS and school personnel procedures is desirable.
At the end of the course, you will be familiar with the range of personnel-related data which can be held in SIMS and be able to add new and edit existing personnel records. Create various new contracts – promotion, suspension, clone an existing and end a contract. Enter a leaver and re-admit a returning staff member. Maintain pay and contract-related data by updating the Service Terms and individual staff contracts. Add training courses in bulk and for an individual staff member, learn how to maintain the lookup tables and customise them to suit the needs of your school. Maintain personnel data to support other areas of SIMS including the pastoral structure, FMS and School Workforce Census (SWC). Produce standard pre-defined reports for data checking purposes.
This course costs £100 per attendee.
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to the authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to [email protected] no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise, the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.