What is technical support?
Why do we need technical support?
Schools have unique challenges with it comes to IT: administration functions, people working at their desks, familiar PC’s and relatively standard working arrangements, are just the tip of the iceberg.
Teaching areas on the other hand, can have an entirely different workflow, shared devices in classrooms and IT suites (be they mobile or fixed), specialist software and hardware, and on top of that, students.
Ensuring your staff are supported by their technology is the most important part about having technology in your school. Because computers don’t support your school, they support your staff in doing so effectively.
What does this service include?
Cygnet provides a one-stop-shop for your IT needs. We have a single service desk accessible phone, email and website underpinning our support and providing complete transparency for everything we do.
All our school and trust support plans include the following:
- Unlimited remote support via our service desk for EVERY member of your team
- SLA backed response on all tickets
- All hardware and software support
- Windows Updates
- Print Monitoring
- Technical lead for any integrations requiring IT (no more relaying messages between suppliers)
- On-site attendance though regular scheduled visits or as required (your choice)
- Competitive quotes for all hardware and software (including Education discounts were applicable)
- Management of G-Suite or Office 365 domains
- First line support for LGfL services (should you be an LGfL customer)
- Advice and Guidance on ICT planning and budgeting
- Detailed monthly service desk report
Why should I choose Cygnet?
Cygnet have over 25 years’ experience supporting schools. All our team undergo employment checks including regular enhanced DBS. We have a team of dedicated IT professionals that believe in the importance of not only resolving problems, but helping our customers understand their IT. Why? Because our customers deserve to be empowered by their IT, not confused by it. In short, with Cygnet you know that your IT is being managed properly and that your staff will be fully supported.